Meet Chopped Jr. finalist Owen Osborne at Haughton library
On August 24, our Haughton department will welcome a particular visitor. At 1 pm., Owen Osborne, chopped junior finalist of 2019He’ll share his experiences and the non-public challenges he faces and focus on his strategies to beat obstacles.
Having participated in quite a few competitions that resulted in a number of awards, Owen is aware of a little bit about how you can face challenges and obtain targets. Utilizing his experiences in these private competencies and challenges, comparable to bullying and meals allergic reactions, he has begun spending time educating others the instruments he has discovered and developed to face the challenges. He’s keen about wholesome consuming and the setting, he’s a primary stage pupil, a Duke TIP scholar and a aggressive swimmer. Extra lately, he was a finalist within the Chopped Junior 2019 competitors on the Meals Community channel. Previous to that, he was a finalist within the 2018 Healthiest Child Chef problem, the winner of Uncle Ben's Novices Grand Prix 2017 and the winner of the 2016 Wholesome Lunch Problem Michelle Obama.
Tuesday, August 27 at 10 a.m. – Story time: Winnie the Pooh's 98th birthday celebration, from zero to five years outdated
Keep tuned for our calendar for upcoming occasions that can start in September!
Thursday, August 22 at Four p.m. – Minute to win Problem, all ages
Friday, August 23 at Four p.m. – Graphic novel Groupies, ages 9-12
Monday, August 26 at 9:30 a.m. – Café Join, all ages
East 80, 949-2665
Wednesday, August 21 at Four p.m. – Membership of readers for younger adults, ages 13-17
** Delayed opening on Friday, August 23 from 9 a.m. at 11:30 a.m. **
Saturday, August 24 at three p.m. – Inventive minds, all ages.
Historical past Heart, 746-7717
Tuesday, August 27 at 6 p.m. – Family tree and household reunions, over 18 years outdated
Easy deal, 326-4233
Thursday, August 22 at 11 a.m. – Wine Bottle Portray, over 18 years outdated
Tuesday, August 27 at 4:15 p.m. – Tutoring with Tooke, ages 13-17
Friday, September 6: Books & Brews @ Retro 521 Café, 18 years and older
• 13 and counting: a novel from Lisa Greenwald's friendship record (Youngsters's Fiction; Guide)
• All of the water on the planet: a Karen Raney novel (Fiction; Guide)
• Caged skies: a Christine Leunens novel (Fiction; Guide)
• Dreaming in code: Ada Byron Lovelace, Pioneer Pc of Emily Arnold McCully (Little one Biography; Guide)
• Ellie and the harpist: a Hazel Prior novel (Fiction; Guide, eBook)
• How we turned evil by Alexander Yates (YA Fiction; Guide, Playaway, eBook)
• Maintaining Lucy: A Novel by T. Greenwood (Fiction; Guide, e-book, digital audio ebook)
• Kingmaker by Margaret Weis and Robert Krammes (Fiction; Guide)
• The League of Secret Heroes: Cape, Guide 1 by Kate Hannigan (Youngsters's Fiction)
• Midnight on the Blackbird Café by Heather Webber (Fiction; Guide, eBook, eAudiobook)
• Homicide on Crossways: A Golden Thriller of Newport by Alyssa Maxwell (Fiction; Guide, eBook)
• Nottingham by Nathan Makaryk (Fiction; Guide)
• The key ingredient of Nancy Naigle (Fiction; Guide, Playaway, eAudiobook)
• Signs of a cardiac rupture on account of Sona Charaipotra (YA Fiction; Guide)
• Technically, you began it by Lana Wooden Johnson (YA Fiction; Guide, Playaway)
• Whisper Community by Chandler Baker (Fiction; Guide, Playaway, eBook, eAudiobook)
• The wolf needs to enter by Laura McHugh (Fiction; Guide, eBook).
Annie Gilmer is a librarian of neighborhood participation within the public libraries of Bossier Parish.
Learn or share this story: https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/life/2019/08/17/meet-chopped-jr-finalist-owen-osborne-at-haughton-library/39960041/